Statistical Significance

Most of us are taught Testing of Hypothesis using the old Null Hypothesis approach. In fact, In Indian Schools, it is de-rigor to know the statistical testing using the Null Hypothesis Approach. However, statistical software do not follow this approach, rather they follow the p-value approach. This creates confusion when students use statistical software foe their work.

To help my students I downloaded the following picture from the Internet. It beautifully illustrates the methods for both the approach. I hope that this will help the students of statistics in India.



PS: I downloaded the above file from the Internet. If you come across the original please let me know so that I can acknowledge the original

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Durga Puja

Xavier Institute of Social Service

F117 Aircraft Identification Matrix